Thursday, August 19, 2010

Product Recommendation: Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

I got a little sampler of Burt's Bees products as a birthday gift many months ago, and most of it was so-so except for this one little gem.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I feel like Burt's Bees was a fad that kind of came and went - especially once the provider of "natural" products was bought out by not-so-natural Clorox - but this is some good stuff, guys.

A lot of similar exfoliating products dry out your skin. Not this stuff. The ground peach stone fragments clear away dead skin and eliminate the pesky, flakey remnants of breakouts, but the formula is shockingly moisturizing. I rinse this stuff off and my skin feels AMAZING. Tight, moisturized, and miraculously soft. I feel like if I get a full size bottle of this, I won't even need to hunt for a good facial moisturizer! It pulls double duty.

A quick look around Amazon shows that some people don't appreciate the surprising moisturizing aspect of this scrub, or that it doesn't cooperate with their skin. This probably isn't the best choice for you if you have oily skin or are prone to breakouts. But if you have fairly well-behaved skin like I do, I definitely suggest buying a tube of this. My tiny little sample has lasted me several uses - you don't need more than maybe a nickel-sized dollop - so the 4 ounce tube is well-priced at $8, especially for a natural product.

No comments:

Post a Comment